We harvest throughout October, entirely by hand. To obtain the finest grapes possible, we pass through each vineyard several times, each time selecting only the ripest bunches. The grapes are harvested into small, 44-lb capacity bins, ensuring the bunches arrive at the press perfectly intact. 60% of the grapes are fermented immediately. The remaining 40% of the grapes undergo partial drying, called appassimento, for 40 days, which concentrates their sugars and flavours. Then they are fermented as well. Storage and ageing of wine happens in 1,500-litre oak barrels for 10 months. After bottling there follows a couple of months’ ageing in the bottle before the wine goes on sale.